Abstract by Kim Arvin M. Billones, Glece Mae O.Metro, and Danica Louise C. Pao (JD 1 SY 2020-2021)
This study aims to review the pertinent laws regarding the implementation of the Katarungang Pambarangay or the Barangay Justice System which complements the courts in administering justice that is a compulsory process before a case is elevated to a court. The study will be conducted in the biggest Barangay in Bacolod City, which is Barangay Mansilingan.
The objectives of this study therefore, is to assess the compliance and challenges of Stakeholders in the implementation of the laws and their recommendations to further which will also be vital to future researchers, the Barangays, and the community. Key informants (KI) will be interviewed by the researchers for this study: the Barangay Captain of the aforementioned Barangay and a practicing public lawyer.
Published by Jocelle Batapa Sigue
ATTY. JOCELLE BATAPA-SIGUE
• Named as one of The Outstanding Women in Nation’s Service of the Philippines or TOWNS for 2016 in the field of Information and Communications Technology or ICT
Past Vice President (2018) and Past President (2010-2012) and Past Trustee (2013-2017) of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines or NICP
• Founder, Former President and Current Executive Director of the Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for ICT or BNEFIT
• Served for 3 terms as councilor of Bacolod City
• Chosen as one of Asia Society Top Ten Philippines 21 Young Leaders in 2009
• Chosen as the Eisenhower Fellow of the Philippines in 2012
• Awarded as Philippine Individual Contributor of the Year during the International ICT Awards given by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the Philippines
View all posts by Jocelle Batapa Sigue